Looking to Get Lucky? March 10, 2016
“I believe that people make their own luck by great preparation and good strategy.” Jack Canfield, Author
With that said, if you want to get “lucky” with your video marketing, you must have a strategy.
1. Establish Your Goals. Define what your video needs to achieve. Perhaps you need to drive sales of a specific product or create awareness about a new service line. Your goal will help drive the creative that will lead to success so be sure you know what success looks like.
2. Find the Gaps. Examine your marketing and see where you may have gaps in your customer’s buying journey. Customers hesitating? Perhaps a customer testimonial campaign will help seal the deal.
3. Identify Opportunities. Engage with your customers by speaking to their challenges and pain points via thought-leadership videos. Once you’ve built a level of trust, you can introduce a product or service videos that solve their problems.
4. Be Consistent with Your Brand. You’ve worked hard to establish your brand values, image and tone. Make sure your videos align with your brand standards by developing guidelines to direct your video agency.
5. Devise a Distribution Plan. Select your distribution channels before the project so you can tailor the content to the medium. Think beyond your website and consider social media apps, blogs, landing pages, and more.
6. Measure your video’s effectiveness – and we’re talking more than views here – is the data you need to figure out your next move. Are people watching the entire video or are they dropping off too soon? If so, where are they dropping off? Armed with good data, you can continue to produce effective and impactful content.
So, armed with a solid strategy you’ve got to ask yourself one question: “Do I feel lucky?” Well, do ya?”
We’ve been helping clients grow their business with video marketing for 13 years, so we’re happy to share our insight and expertise with you. Subscribe to our twice-monthly blog for updates. We promise to be brief, sometimes funny and always informative. And we will never share your information.