How to Produce Video Content Like a Boss November 1, 2017
If you’re marketing for a small to mid-size business, you probably don’t have the million dollar budgets of big corporations. Not to worry. You can still look to the big brands for inspiration and scale the idea to create a video marketing campaign with that fits your budget. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
1. Consider video clips of customers’ using/wearing your products to build engagement and third party credibility.
2. Incorporate other mediums into your creative that resonate with large audiences – food, fashion, travel.
3. Produce short teaser videos. These go a long way in building your audience with enticing updates, behind-the-scenes and an exclusive peek at what’s coming.
4. Focus less on your product and more on the solutions it brings by incorporating a lifestyle angle or whatever relates well to your product or service.
5. Support a cause, celebrate diversity, promote peace. Find the goodwill message that relates to your brand and sync it to your campaign.
Take a page from our recent production with Kia. The big brand car manufacturer checked all of the above boxes when they created an experiential event at a recent blogger conference. Kia invited hundreds of bloggers to practice vlogging (video blogging) while seated in – what else – Kia’s luxury model Cadenza. The bloggers were given exclusive access to the car and talked all about its style, luxury and performance. DCP then provided the bloggers with their personal Kia branded vlogs to post for their thousands of followers to view. And Kia left with some great video content to integrate into their overall marketing. A worthwhile investment all around.
As with any brand large or small, stay true to your core message and purpose and as you build your audience be sure to provide regular and frequent updates. Not sure where to start, we’ve got ideas and experience. Give us a call.